First off, I want to thank Hollatany over at Cornucopia of SimLit for this awesome nomination! I feel so undeserving of this due to my recent hiatus, but I’m super grateful!
Rules for Acceptance:
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
- Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
1. If you could go anywhere in the world without worrying about the cost of travel or a hotel, where would you go? I would love to travel to Italy. Ever since I was little I’ve been in awe of the beautiful country.
2. What does the Sims mean to you? Is it something personal, or just another game? I’ve played The Sims for about 10 years now, and I’ve made my way through every version of the game at some point. It’s just that fun and there’s so much you can do with it, and sometimes for me, it’s even nostalgic.
3. Do you use custom content? If so, why? Yes, Yes, Yes! I love my CC; I use it because it’s just fun! And sometimes, I think CC enhances your ability to express yourself through your sims and make them way more diverse.
4. Which Sims game is your favorite to play, and which is your favorite for writing? No matter what, The Sims 2 will always be my forever favorite to play and to write. It’s the game I grew up on and started writing with, and it’ll always hold a special place in my heart. (RIP to the exchange). I currently play and write on The Sims 4, and I feel that the quality of the game and sims is comparable to TS2. I did not enjoy the Sims 3 at all.
5. What is your favorite story that you have ever wrote? I haven’t been writing with TS4 for very long at all, so I can’t say…but back when I wrote TS2 stories on the exchange, I had written a story about a pregnant teenager who was in an abusive relationship and I have to say it was probably my best work, and I am considering rewriting with TS4 (stay tuned!)
6. What is your favorite SimLit story that you have ever read? Oh no, this one is way too hard 😦 I really enjoyed Forever in Time by sweetnightingale, the Centauri Legacy by Thymeless, and Life Is by Jellysimwich.
7. What genre of music do you listen to most often when writing? Indie/Alternative, but that’s what I always listen to.
8. What is your favorite quote? “If you can’t figure out your purpose, find out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” -T.D. Jakes
9. Who is your favorite author (of books, not SimLit)? Margaret Atwood, or Nicholas Sparks (I know, I know, cliche).
10. Favorite number in the whole world? 11
11. What is a proverb from another language that you really connect to? “Change how you see and see how you change.” Chinese Proverb
I nominate the following SimLit authors for this award (Sorry if anyone else has already nominated them!):
- Life Is by jellysimwich
- Anything written by lisabeesims
- Dustland Fairytale by hellohannah2
- Wonder Child Wood by MEGGSIMS
I wanted to go back through all of the stories I fell in love with when I first got TS4!
Nominees, here are your 11 questions!
- How long have you owned/played The Sims?
- CC or no CC?
- If yes, Alpha or Maxis Match?
- Favorite color?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favorite genre of literature?
- Do you enjoy playing challenges in your game? If so, which is your favorite?
- What is one thing you would like to see EA come up with for The Sims? (e.g. a new expansion/game/stuff pack, different gameplay modes, etc.)
- How did you come across SimLit for the first time?
- A song or song lyrics that get you through the day:
- What’s a piece of advice you would give to fellow SimLit authors?
- Would you date any of the sims you’ve made? (No shame, I totally would).